C-PACE for Renewable Natural Gas
Ally Energy designed and developed an 8 MW biogas cogeneration system for JBS USA, helping the global food processing company meet its sustainability goals.
- 8 MW biogas power cogeneration system capable of meeting the facility’s full electrical load
- $52 million cumulative savings over the next 20 years from federal biogas ITC (investment tax credits), accelerated depreciation benefits and cumulative energy savings
- $2.1 million projected first year utility savings with operations and management expenses included
CounterpointeSRE partners with municipalities to provide the economics that accelerate implementation of energy projects in commercial properties
- $18 million of C-PACE financed the full cost of the project’s design and installation
- No CAPEX for project and repaid as an operating expense
- Owner retains tax credits, incentives and depreciation
- Annual PACE payment of $838,000
- Start of repayment delayed 18 months to allow ITC and utility savings to be realized
C-PACE & Renewable Energy Resources
The materials below and project details above are provided by project partners CounterpointeSRE and Ally Energy
Project Highlight: 8 MW RNG With C-PACE
Food processing giant, JBS USA invested in onsite power generation with $18MM C-PACE for its 425,000sf facility in Plainwell, Michigan. PACE proceeds will be used to acquire and maintain an 8MW cogeneration system fueled by onsite biogas capable of providing 100% of the facility’s energy demands.
As discussed in the featured project, technologies and energy markets have evolved to enable new profitable opportunities for onsite power generation.
Learn more about biogas and other opportunities to achieve net-zero for your facility or property.
PACE Eligible Improvements
PACE can finance new construction, retrofits, energy production and reimburse owners for completed projects.
Thousands of improvements can be financed in both new and existing properties.
National C-PACE Primer
Guidelines vary by state and location with many project types eligible.
Download our national guide to C-PACE, which provides an overview across the many states and case studies.